The best resource for answering this question comes from the California Department of Education. Their Quality Continuum Framework lists the Common QRIS Elements as:
Child Development and School Readiness
- Early Learning and Development Standards to include developmentally, culturally, and linguistically appropriate teaching strategies, interactions and environments.
- Comprehensive Assessment System to include a developmental and behavioral screening with follow-up and ongoing observational child assessment.
- Health Promotion Practices to include mental health and health screening.
Teachers and Teaching
- Early Childhood Educator Qualifications
- Effective Teacher-Child Interactions
Program and Environment
- Licensing and Regulatory Requirements to include both DSS/CCL Title 22 and CDE Title 5 regulatory requirements.
- Program Administration and Leadership
- Family Engagement
- Effective Data Practices
More information on QRIS and additional resources can be found on the California Department of Education’s website.