P3SD is a community coalition – any and all San Diego County stakeholders who are interested in learning more about the P-3 movement or contributing to P3SD’s work are welcome to join us! Whether you’re a K-12 administrator, early care provider, policy maker, business leader, philanthropist, or parent, there’s a place at the table for you.
What’s the best way to start?
1) Review the framework. P3SD has three main components:
- P3SD: These quarterly meetings are open to any interested stakeholder who would like to attend. They feature updates on what’s been happening in the P3SD community, and they also offer exciting learning opportunities through special speakers, data & analytics releases, and research discussions.
- Committees: Committees are open to stakeholders who have already attended a P3SD quarterly meeting and would like to participate meaningfully in the community. Currently, we have committees for P3SD leadership, advocacy, and event planning. There are some criteria for joining a committee:
- You should plan to attend all schedules committee meetings
- You should be comfortable with committing to some working in between meetings.
- You should be prepared to commit to your place on the committee for one year.
- Online Learning Community: In between meetings, our community stays vibrant and active on social media. You can join our Facebook group, follow #P3SD on Twitter, and join our Declara board. If you decide to join P3SD’s Advocacy Collaborative, you’ll have even more opportunities to engage between meetings through our private Basecamp.
2) Let us know you’re interested. Click here to sign up to be on the P3SD mailing list so you can stay up to date on everything we have lined up. Once we receive your inquiry, a member of our team will reach out to you with more information.
If your organization blocks access to Google Apps or you have difficulty filling out this form for any other reason, you can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
3) Attend your first P3SD meeting. Before you attend any committee meetings, you should attend one of our primary quarterly P3SD meetings. You can see the full schedule of meetings here or reference the calendar below: