DEVELOPMENT & OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
Organizational Summary: The Education Synergy Alliance is a nonprofit organization devoted to spurring education innovation in the San Diego region, marshaling resources for education change efforts, and raising the level of urgency for change. A major focus of our work is our early education initiative, P-3, which focuses on early care and education prenatal (P) to 3rd grade (3). Our goal is to help all San Diego County students succeed in school, college, career, and life.
Position Summary: The Development & Operations Coordinator will report to the Operations Manager and assist with fund development, event production / execution, and general operations. This is an ideal job for an early career individual who has experience in (or exposure to) nonprofit fundraising and administration.
This position has a significant administrative component, yet we offer an ideal environment to learn and grow in the nonprofit sector. Our work offers rich opportunities to learn about different aspects of nonprofit administration, including access to high-level consultants in the fund development and communications arenas. We maintain a flexible, fun work culture committed to supporting your development.
Fund Development Responsibilities:
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
- Continually update, correct and complete database records
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective foundations and individual donors
- Assemble donor kits
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files
Event Production / Execution Responsibilities:
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for meetings, events and the annual P3SD Conference
- Assist with the production of signage and other collateral
- Assist with program / meeting logistics, event planning, and follow up
- Attend meetings to provide staff support and minutes as necessary
- Coordinate and calendar meetings
- Document production, including printing and copying
- Maintain office inventory and order supplies
- Provide communications / social media support, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Experience desired, but not required
- Associate or bachelor’s degree
- At least one year in an administrative position, preferably in a nonprofit development setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience using SalesForce or other nonprofit CRM is a plus
- Good communication skills – email, phone and written
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Salary & Benefits
The salary range for this regular, full-time, exempt position is $40,000 – $45,000, commensurate with experience. Paid time off (holidays, vacation, and sick leave); health benefits through Mission Edge San Diego (ESA’s fiscal sponsor); 403(b) retirement plan.
Work is conducted primarily at our office in Mission Valley, with travel around San Diego County. No relocation offered. This position requires a criminal background check prior to hire. Education Synergy Alliance is fiscally-sponsored by Mission Edge San Diego. Mission Edge San Diego provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, caregiver status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development & Operations Coordinator” in the email subject. Incomplete applications will not be considered.